Chef / Cook
King of the Pigs
NOC-6322 – Cook
The name King of the Pigs is translated from Rei dos Leitoes in Portuguese, which actually means King of the Piglets. In 1992, our Rei dos Leitoes, first opened its doors in London, Ontario. The Vieira family bought the restaurant in 2001 introducing it outside the Portuguese community, who then coined us as King of the Pigs. We are well known in the city of London, Ontario for our unique charcoal infused chicken and our very own signature sauces. Soon the restaurant became well known in the city for their unique charcoal infused chicken and their very own signature sauces. Out version of Piri Piri sauce became a must have with every order. The main style of our cuisines is churrasqueira, meaning an open flame BBQ. Today we use hard wood charcoal as the only source of fuel for cooking chickens, giving it our unique flavours.
The following is a summary of the main duties and responsibilities:
We are seeking an experienced full time cook for our restaurant familiar with Portuguese cooking and able to carry out the following duties:
1. Prepare and cook full course meals, specializing in Portuguese-style BBQ chicken, Chourico meat dishes, fish, seafood, rice, soups and other region-specific dishes;
2. Plan daily menus;
3. Ensure quality of food and determine size of food proportions;
4. Estimate food requirements and costs;
5. Inspect kitchen and food service areas;
6. Order supplies and food ingredients;
7. Supervise kitchen helpers;
8. Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment;
9. Clean kitchen and work areas;
10. Work with minimal supervision;
11. Daily, weekly & monthly reporting to Owner;
To be a suitable fit for the position, the candidate will:
To be a good fit for our full time cook position we are accepting applications from anyone with any authentic Portuguese restaurant management or cooking experience of at least three years or more.
A minimum of a high school diploma, is required.
Fast-paced environment; repetitive tasks; attention to detail; standing for extended periods.
$20.00 per hour / full time / 8 hours per day / 40 hours per week
London, Ontario (706 Hamilton Road)
706 Hamilton Rd, London ON, N5Z 1T6 Canada
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume by email to this job posting or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review and contact you for an interview.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, we will only contact those applicants with the experience and qualification best suited for the position.
Thank you for your interest in working with us.
How to ApplyHow to Apply: Please send us your resume by email to this job posting or email@example.com. We will review and contact you for an interview.
No views yet