Automotive Service Technician
- BMW/MINI Langley – Posted by hr.aimic
- Langley, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 119939
- Category :
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $37.50-40.50 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 14 Sep 2023
- Expiry Date : 12 Mar 2024
BMW/MINI Langley in Langley is looking for an Automotive Service Technician to join our team.
Title: Automotive Service Technician
Employer: BMW/MINI Langley
Opening: 1 position (Permanent, Full-time)
Wage: CAD 37.50 ~ CAD 40.50 per hour, at least 30 hours per week
Benefit: 4% of vacation pay or 10 days of paid vacation, extended health, dental benefit and vision care benefit after probation
Location: 6025 Collection Drive, Langley, BC V3A 0C2
- Completion of secondary school is an asset.
- Training courses or a vocational program is an asset.
A Career at OpenRoad Means You’ll Enjoy:
- Opportunity to work with a variety of OEM BRANDS including Acura Audi, BMW, Genesis, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen
- Amazing Incentives including but not limited to Discounted Vehicle Purchasing Program, Footwear Subsidy, Computer Rebate Program, Employee Referral Program, Employer RRSP Matching, & a Tool Allowance.
- Internal and external, training & development opportunities for skill development and growth
- Be part of collaborative, friendly, and progressive work culture with an emphasis on transparency, innovation, relationship, and empowerment
- Comprehensive Extended Health and Dental plan, tailored toward Associate wellness
- Recognition and Engagement Events
- And more!
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Examine the vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Receive repair orders from dispatch tower/Service Advisor and perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with dealership and factory
- Follow checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including the fuel system, brakes, hoses, steering systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts. Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer
- Advise Service Advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised
- Inform dispatcher when the job is started, finished, or interrupted. Be particularly attentive to repair orders on vehicles marked “RUSH” or “CUSTOMER WAITING”
- Complete and maintain documentation of work performed.
- Road-test vehicles to quality-check work performed
- Supervise the work of any apprentice technicians as assigned to you by management
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes. Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean
- Keep the shop area neat, clean, and free of safety hazards
- Comply with Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes
- Assist in creating quotes for additional work required.
- Follow company safety policies and practices, and immediately, report any and all accidents to a Manager/Supervisor.
- This position will be expected to perform other duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be a fully licensed Technician.
- Working knowledge of automotive equipment
- Possess strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills in order to maintain optimal customer satisfaction.
- A highly self-motivated and organized individual.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to effectively work with other members of the Service Department team.
- Must be committed to consistently delivering high-quality work.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- A valid Canadian driver’s license, and the ability to provide drivers abstract for review.
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity. We stand behind the growth of our associates to help them achieve their vision and goals.
JOIN US AND GROW WITH US!
We thank all those that have applied. Only those considered for the position will be contacted.
How to ApplyPlease send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No views yet