Araxi Restaurant + Oyster Bar is looking for a Pastry Cook!
- Araxi Restaurant + Oyster Bar – Posted by Company
- Whistler, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 15311
- Category : Restaurant
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $16.00-17.50 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 10 Nov 2020
- Expiry Date : 10 Nov 2021
Position: Pastry Cook Reports to: Pastry Chef Business Address: 110 – 4222 Village Square, Whistler, BC, V8E 1H6 Location of work: Whistler, BC
Company Operating Name: Toptable Group
Wage: $16.00 – $17.50/hr
Benefits package offered: Eligible for Extended Benefits
The culinary cornerstone in the heart of Whistler Village, Araxi enjoys a long held international reputation for excellence in food, wine and hospitality. As an early pioneer of farm to table dining, Executive Chef James Walt’s seasonally focused menus celebrate the excellence of locally sourced ingredients. An extension of Araxi Restaurant + Oyster Bar, The Cellar by Araxi offers private dining for groups.
We are currently hiring a full time/permanent Pastry Cook. The ideal candidate is a team player who works well under pressure in a dynamic and fast paced environment. They will have the opportunity to learn from an experienced kitchen team and work with exceptional seasonal products. If you are recognized for being team-oriented, motivated, energetic and organized, we invite you to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned as required)
· Complete assigned daily prep items with high quality and fresh ingredients
· Create and design bread, cakes and viennoise under the direction of the Pastry Chef
· Work closely with teammates to support the completion of daily cleaning tasks
· Maintain a high level of attention to detail with regards to product presentation and design
· Ability to multi-task in a team-oriented environment; ask for support and support others
· Maintain an organized and clean prep/work area
· Sample ingredients, mix, and finish products, ensuring standards, quality and created flavour profiles are met
· Meet production schedules and timelines
Required Experience & Qualifications:
· Completion of a designated culinary school
· Minimum 6 months baking/pastry work experience
· Ability to multi-task and have an eye for detail
· Organized and able to work under pressure in a very busy environment
· Excellent English language communication skills
· Flexible working hours, including weekend and evenings
How to apply: Interested, qualified candidates are invited to apply online (https://toptable.ca/careers/pastry-cook-3/).
This position will remain open until filled.
No views yet