Administrative Assistant-Safety and Compliance
- 5K Solutions and Services – Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brampton, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 13821
- Category : Administrative
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $22 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2020-09-17
- Posting Date : 17 Sep 2020
- Expiry Date : 17 Sep 2021
Employer: 5K Solutions and Services
Position: Administrative Assistant-Safety and Compliance
Duration/Type: Full Time
No. of Positions: 2
Location: Unit# 2 & 3, 188 Wilkinson Road, Brampton, ON, L6T4W9
Salary: $22.00 per hour– to be paid on monthly basis. The gross salary paid will be subject to all applicable Federal and Provincial income taxes and other statutory deductions.
Other Benefits: None; other than employer EI & CPP contributions
Vacation: 4 % of the gross salary
Hours of Work: 32.0-40.0 Hours a week. Overtime applicable at the rate of 1.5 after 44 hours of work per week
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities
• Assist with the administrative procedures and work in different departments for the supporting roles; Facilitate administrative support tasks including meeting planning, task delegations, calendar establishments, scheduling & confirming appointments & preparing for board meetings etc.
• Screening the incoming emails, post and forwarding them to appropriate departments for replies; Composing and distributing routine correspondence.
• Assist in development and implementation of safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards
• Maintain drivers log according to MTO & DOT regulations. Monitor CVOR and DOT SAFER record on a regular basis.
• Maintain driver DQ files / checking driver’s qualifications / drug test and police reports / driver reference checks.
• Carry out risk assessments and make recommendation on how risks could be reduced.
• Keep records of incidents and accidents and producing statistics; Facilitate incident investigations, root cause analysis, and closure of corrective actions.
• Replenish office stationery, postage & couriers, supplies, packing material etc. as required.
• Act as a professional liaison in case of government agency inspections concerning safety issues.
• Registering plates for trucks and trailers.
Specific Job Requirements
• Minimum one-year administrative experience in transportation safety and compliance.
• Familiarity with relevant current and pending Government Regulations in the industry such as Ministry of Transportation Ontario, Hazmat, Canada Labour Code, U.S. Federal Motor Carrier regulations.
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• Possess an understanding and working knowledge of MS Office suite to include Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
• Ability to understand and analyze complex information and present it simply and accurately.
• An investigative mind, Attention to detail.
How to ApplyBy email to: email@example.com
No views yet