We are a fast paced, high volume ocean export-oriented company with deep roots in Canada with a rapidly growing Export business. Though the office is based in Vancouver, we are proudly part of a greater group of companies exceeding 3000 employees across Canada.
We are looking for a detail oriented, systematic, careful, and energetic person to join our team as part of our operations team. The ideal candidate is a team player, keen to learn, and able to work well under the pressure of tight shipping deadlines and takes pride in their work. The candidate must be a quick learner, great a multitasking with excellent typing skills and well versed in Office software products.
- Employer: Manitoulin Global Forwarding (MGF)
- Position: Administrative Assistant
- Terms of Employment: Full-time / Permanent
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Employment Address: #801 – 1166 Alberni Street, Vancouver, BC Canada V6E 3Z3
- Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
- Language: English
- Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy. Eligible for incentives, comprehensive benefits program including life insurance at 1.5 annual salary, dependent life insurance, medical, dental, vision care, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, profit sharing investment plan, tuition reimbursement, dependent scholarship programs, and opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Salary: $25.00 / hour
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to other departments upon their requests by helping produce internal company documents and coordinating the flow of information internally
- Provide support to sales team on research activities in pricing various transportation solutions for clients
- Provide support to ocean export freight co-coordinator team on research activities on inter-modal shipping plans
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, bills of lading, customs forms, invoices, certificate of origins and other shipping documents
- Manage customer service-related issues with both customers and vendors by answering telephone and electronic inquiries
- Manage export documentation for customers with regard to bank presentations and letter of credit documents
- Compile data and statistics to support research on import and export ocean freight trends for various commodities and cargoes based on current geopolitical, economic and social trends
- Keep track of schedules and dispatching of container freight and tracing goods in transit
- May supervise and train office staff on their job duties, safety procedures, and the company policies
Requirements/Education and other requirements
- Completion of secondary school is usually required
- Completion of a one- or two-year college or another program for administrative assistants or secretaries or previous clerical experience is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills is a requirement, while the ability to communicate in languages other than English is an asset
- Team player who is keen to learn and develop themselves while working in a team
- Quick learner and excellent multi-tasker
- Excellent keyboard typing skills and well-versed in Microsoft Office applications
- Detail-oriented, systematic, careful, and energetic
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No views yet