Administrative assistant (NOC-1241)
Position: Administrative assistant
Hours: 8 hours a day / 40 hours a week
Hourly Wage: $23.10 ~ $24.50 (Depends on experience)
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Benefits: 4% of vacation, Disability insurance, Dental Insurance, Employer-Provided Pension, Extended Medical Insurance
Employer Name: Cotecna Canada Inc
Working location: #110 – 8337 Eastlake Drive, Burnaby, BC, V5A 4W2
The mission of the Agriculture division at Cotecna Canada Inc is to ensure existing and potential clientele align with the Objectives of the Company by providing qualified administrative and technical expertise. Through guidance provided by Management, and in a safe, legal and impartial manner, the Administrative Assistant provides effective and competent support, performing their responsibilities for the Company and its clients, maintaining associated records, thus supporting the goal of providing a service to the clients that is accurate, timely and cost effective. The Administrative Assistant will carry out the responsibilities detailed within, and all others which may be assigned in a manner demonstrating support for and adherence to the Companies Quality Management System, the Companies Laboratory Management System, the Company’s Policy and Procedures, including Vision and Strategy, and to exercise good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy in so doing.
- Performs as required routine sampling duties such as sampling grain or products on site, sample preparation ( e.g. cleaning the samples, preparing samples for lab testing, and grinding and glassware cleaning under the direction of coordinators and/or management
- Manages Inventory of equipment and consumables, including issuing and receiving vendor orders.
- Receives and Tracks all Samples into and out of the Location, including Test material, retained samples and / or Subcontract Sample to ensure timely, efficient processing
- Responds, under supervision of the Laboratory Manager to customer inquiries
- Maintain accurate records
- Enters data into the local LIMS and COMDIV programs as required.
- Ensures that the operational needs are met and advises the Senior Personnel of any discrepancies.
- Immediately contacts management in case of real or perceived nonconforming problem(s);
- Prepares Customer Reports and/or Certificates, and Invoices for approval by the Operations and / or Laboratory Manager
- Identify, record and correct nonconformities on Improvement Request forms;
- Know the quality tools available on the Intranet (QMS site)
- Completion of a one or two year college or other program for administrative assistants or business related field is required.
- 1-2years of previous experience in a similar roll may be preferred
How to Apply
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Administrative assistant" in the subject line.
No views yet